Thursday, November 11, 2010

I’m King And I’m Lonely!


The prompt is ‘ my sister lives too far away ‘. This person is very lucky to at least have a sister to grow up with , a companion and a friend. This prompt inspires me to think of the loneliness of someone without one. Since I'm not contributing to Magpie#40, I'll link this also to it ( though not quite near enough to the prompt of Magpie) I hope I can be forgiven for that.



I’m King And I’m Lonely!

Brothers and sisters have I none

But this man’s father is my father’s son

So mused the man in soliloquy softly

Admiring his own portrait silently

Many are envious of his lone existence

Assuming he’s happy of his parents' affluence

Anything and everything that he so desires

Are readily provided to his heart’s content

There is no sibling rivalry

Nor any friendly banter

Nor little quarrels freely

Just silence and no laughter

He would trade anything

For another family member

To share his woes and joys

Be it a girl or a boy

His parents felt overly guilty

For having just one in the family

Remorseful , dejected and sad

Their hopes built just around a lad

He has resigned his life to fate

Nothing at this juncture could be done

But he swore when he does get married

He’ll have lots and lots of them!!

13 comments:

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

Late submissions are added to some broken link spots, hope that you check it out:

#84,
#138,
#139,
#144,

Thanks for the support.
xxx


http://thursdaypoetsrallypoetry.wordpress.com/2010/11/08/my-sister-lives-too-far-away/

here is the awards for week 9 submission…
Happy Thursday!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

do you mind use pop up comment option?

almost 50% of our participants use wordpress, no blogger account, thus could not comment foe you..
Thanks for the attention...

Welcome to JP,
I will place your link in our blog roll within next few days...

lovely poem,
thanks for sharing.
xxx

Reflections said...

Interesting... reaching to find the familial connections, seems a lonely life.

ninotaziz said...

This is actually okay to be linked to Magpie as the Monkey King was an only child! He longed for siblings in the Malay version, and for his mother and father to acknowledge him.

So, spot on!

See, I told you this memes and prompts are addictive. I really have to focus and discipline myself to really focus on the few I do contribute to.

Kristen Haskell said...

My best friend is an only child and I am her sister now and forever. We have been together since we were 15. She is as blood to me as the two brother's I am blessed to have.

kaykuala said...

Ninot Ma'am, Am I glad it turned out ok? You are right. Physically we cannot be churning out that many considering the many prompts before us. Discipline it is.

kaykuala said...

Bless you Kristen. You filled a gap, a big emotional gap. You have the solace of your brothers for companionship. But to your friend, you are a saviour, a whole 'emotional family'. And the fulfilment on the other hand must be felt more by you than by her, I'm sure. To sustain from age 15? That's just great! Bless you again.

Olivia said...

Very differently expressed..
Here, I am the only child and completely on my own.. I have been this way for since I was 17 years old! I now enjoy my solitude and have whisked several way to appreciate my state of being..

Cheers..!!
Love xxx

kaykuala said...

Olivia Ma'am, Well done! It takes strong character. It shows you have what it takes to be independent from age 17. An only child developed faster and are more prepared to face the harsh world than others. That I've been told and you've confirmed it.

Thanks for dropping by.

Amanda Moore said...

First off I am so glad you left a link to WI because the link in your name on my blog for the Magpie did not work so now I found you!
Reading this being an only child I totally identify with the whole concept and the feelings behind it if you are not an only child then you are very in tune with how it feels this is so wonderfully written.

kaykuala said...

Amanda Ma'am,
Appreciate it. I see you have already signed in into my 'Follower' grouping. I'll do the same unto yours and I will also place your blog into my blog list. Thanks.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

http://itistimetothinkformyself.blogspot.com/2010/11/november-greetings-appreciations.html

Special awards for you. Happy Sunday! xx
Hope to see you at our potluck tonight.
Any poem would be acceptable.
linking in early would be of most helpful, we are open at 8pm tonight, American central time.

Tess Kincaid said...

Yes, this is a great Magpie entry and I'm glad you linked! Well done. A delightful read!